Office cleaning: 5 basic rules for successful maintenance
Office cleaning is a must for all businesses. Indeed, the good presentation of the offices influences the feeling of well-being at work for the employees and in the construction of the positive image of the company with the visitors.
While some business leaders still leave the responsibility for office cleanliness to each employee, it is important to remember that office cleaning goes well beyond sweeping the floor, wiping the keyboard and the table, and emptying the trash.
Office cleaning also involves hygiene standards to be respected in order to better control health issues. For these and other reasons, it is essential to entrust the cleaning of your offices to professionals.
In his book, change your space, Change your culture how the state of the office, in terms of design, comfort, and cleanliness, can radically change the productivity of a company.
Office cleaning by professionals: why?
It costs less than it looks
The cleaning professionals have the experience and the work protocols to provide a quality service in a controlled period, with suitable equipment. By entrusting the maintenance of your offices to a responsible cleaning company, you save time.
Indeed, the latter takes charge of the supply of the equipment, discreetly performs its services at the agreed times and days, and leaves the offices in a dazzling and healthy state.
The state of cleanliness of your offices is essential to fight against the proliferation of bacteria. Knowing that a sick staff is an absent staff and that an absent staff costs money… It is, therefore, more than important to entrust office cleaning to professionals.
It contributes to the development of the activity
Arriving in a clean and fresh office in the morning is something very pleasant. The working environment, when it is healthy, has a positive effect on the mood of the staff. Result: increased enthusiasm and performance.
Similarly, for offices welcoming visitors, the state of freshness and cleanliness contributes to the feeling that the company can provide good quality service.
SCS Group Integrated Services Premium to manage the cleaning of your offices with complete peace of mind
SCS Group Integrated Services Premium is an offer offered by the Household Application, which allows you to set up an office cleaning service in a few clicks.
The benefits of the SCS Group Integrated Services Premium offer for any professional are multiple:
- Expert cleaning staff, thanks to a selective network of partners
- A variety of services: cleaning of offices, condominiums, restaurants, construction sites…
- A simplified offer for the self-employed (head office at home) as well as for small and medium-sized businesses
- Ultra-competitive price per cleaning hour, thanks to the power of the SCS Group Integrated Services platform
- Sliding scale rate: 3% discount per year of contract seniority
- Optional à la carte services: water bottles, consumables (hand soap, toilet paper, etc.)…
- Speed of implementation
- Dedicated customer service
- Deployment of the service throughout France
Protocol for successful office cleaning
Office cleaning is generally carried out with light equipment, regardless of the size of the premises. The priority is to ensure that all the control points defined in the specifications are respected.
Main tasks for office cleaning
Office cleaning professionals always start by making a to-do list.
This list makes it possible to be efficient by adapting the work according to the specificity of the office to be cleaned on the one hand. And on the other hand, it ensures that nothing is forgotten during the performance of the services.
Here are some essential tasks for every office cleaning:
- Ventilate the premises
- Dust countertops, furniture, computer screens and other shelving
- Dust the radiators and other machines present in the premises, without forgetting the light fixtures and the ventilation ducts
- Empty the bins, replace the bags
- Clean and disinfect sanitary facilities, refill hand towels, soap and replace toilet paper
- Degrease and clean surfaces in contact with hands: window and door handles, coffee machines, elevator controls, telephone handsets
- Clean the common areas: kitchen, meeting room, break room, dishes, etc.
- Clean, polish, and dry floors and surfaces
* Computer keyboard cleaning is a sensitive task that most of the time is not included in the specifications. In fact, when cleaning a keyboard connected to a computer, there is the risk that pressing keys simultaneously triggers hidden functions that alter work on the workstation.
Equipment and expert techniques for office cleaning
Depending on the specifics of the place to be treated, the maintenance workers are required to use suitable equipment.
This can be the use of an industrial vacuum cleaner, bactericides, wet sweeping, bio-cleaning, high-pressure cleaning, steam cleaning, etc.
So many techniques beyond the reach of your office cleaning assistant!
If you are considering setting up a cleaning service for your office, make an appointment with our sales team to define a suitable solution.