Realistic Butterfly Drawing For Kids
In Drawing For Kids learning how to draw a butterfly and other animals is quite simple with our step-by-step image instructions. Sketch the shapes, and your animal will start to come to life on the page slowly.
You can use this project to show your children how to draw animals. A butterfly is relatively easy to begin with. After you have mastered the fundamentals, why not attempt to create a realistic pattern for the butterfly’s wings using either an image of your favorite butterfly or actual butterflies in your garden? (opens in new tab).
Create wall art using your designs, or make customized stickers (opens in a new tab). Check out our comprehensive list of activities for additional enjoyable activities with your children (opens in a new tab). Do you have a child who enjoys art at home? If so, they would enjoy this butterfly-drawing project that is printable. They can learn about butterflies and have fun while honing their artistic abilities. The downloadable “Copy the Picture” exercises are excellent for teaching your youngster how to draw.
Beautiful Butterfly Drawing For Kids
A copy of the picture is when you study a picture and then attempt to duplicate it using your chosen media. In this instance, children will draw the butterfly with crayons or coloring pencils.
All ages of children will enjoy this exercise. If your child is younger, you can assist them by first sketching the butterfly’s outline. They can then add color to fill it in. Your older youngster may attempt to recreate the image alone if they are old enough.
Whatever age your child is, this activity is a beautiful opportunity to spend time with them while simultaneously honing their artistic abilities—looking for a fun activity to do with your kids? This printable copy of the picture and draw the butterfly activity is perfect for keeping little ones entertained. It’s simple, easy, and, most importantly – fun!
You Will Require:
- Crayons, pencils, or coloring books.
- Wilko has supplies for crafts (opens in new tab).
Drawing a butterfly:
- Draw a little circle in the center of your paper to start. Try drawing these lines initially with a pencil and then filling them in later with a vibrant colored pencil or felt-tip pen.
Next, sketch the butterfly’s body as an extended oval with a pointed end for the tail.
- To represent the top of the wing, draw a sizable circle on one side of the body.
- Repeat to create a symmetrical butterfly on the opposite side. Use a round item, such as a cup, to trace the circles around if you’re having trouble getting them to be precise. Add the last two circles in the set of wings underneath.
- Make a butterfly with two antennas on top of its head. If you would rather, you can draw a spiral or little circle at the top.
- Put the antennae up.
- Draw a pattern on the wings to have fun and express your creativity. We’ve chosen to adhere to the wing’s outside border for a straightforward design, but you can think of anything. How about some stripes and polka dots?