Want to eliminate QuickBooks error code 6082 from its root cause? Well, this error can be seen when there is an incorrect network setting. Another common factor triggering this error in QuickBooks can be if one or more user systems are mistakenly set up to host multi-user rights to use. This error can be a bit confusing for QuickBooks users. It is not a common error but belongs to the 6000-error series, which is related to the company file. There are not many factors causing such an error, but a couple of steps can be performed to fix it. To learn those steps, all you need is to read this post till the end.
Steps to effectively eliminate the issue in QuickBooks
The below set of steps can be performed to eliminate the issue from its root cause. Let us have a look:
Verify the hosting status of each of the computers
For Single-User Access-
- Make sure to exit from the Hosting mode:
- Also, note that exiting from Hosting mode disables multi-user
- You are required to select the File, head to Utility, and look for the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- After the message stating Stop hosting multi-user access” appears on your computer screen, hit yes tab
- And when Company file must close message appears on your screen, hit yes tab once again
You may also read: Resolve the QuickBooks error 12007
For Multi-User Access:
- You need to perform the steps on every user computer demonstrating the error
- Simply head to the No Company Open option
- After that click on the File menu, and choose the Utility option.
- Now, cross-check whether the menu option Host Multi-User Access demonstrated.
- One or more users’ computers might show the menu selection, Halt Hosting Multi-User Access, which shows that they are at present using hosting multi-user access.
- Now, on any user computer showing the Discontinue Hosting Multi-User Access
- Click on the same option, and perform the instructions to exit from hosting.
- Make sure to run the files again and check if the issue is resolved or not
Steps to get rid of QuickBooks error 6143
Simply opening the company file locally can also help in fixing this issue in QuickBooks. This will test if there is any issue with the location of the file. If you are able to open the file, then it indicates the location of the file has certain issue. Or else the file itself might be damaged. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the folder having the company file
- Furthermore, look for the file that has the extension of
- Once done with that, right-click the file
- And go for the copy tab
- Head to the desktop
- Followed by right-click the desktop
- Also, click on paste tab
- The next step is to open QuickBooks
- Now, head to the no company open window
- Choose open or restore an existing company
- Now, head to close all QuickBooks processes
Now that you know the steps to fix the issue permanently, it is time to implement those steps. However, if you are stuck at some point in time, then feel free to consult our QuickBooks pro support professionals at +1-888-351-0999 and they will provide you with immediate support and assistance. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals working toward providing instant support for all QuickBooks-related issues.