If you’ve ever watched the SRK and Deepika Padukone film Chennai Express then you simply will not miss the moment when SRK descends from the train along with Deepika standing in front of a magnificent waterfall. Did you guess which waterfall that was? Yes, it’s the magnificent Dudhsagar Waterfalls and is situated close to the border between Goa and Karnataka technically, but it’s situated in Goa. Yes! It’s located in Goa, the dream destination that everyone would like to visit once in our lifetime.
Dudhsagar waterfall is among the most impressive waterfalls of India and it is indeed a beautiful and well-known trekking spot for Indians as well as foreign tourists. There is an excellent reason to get lost in the stunning forest.
Satisfy your hiking and nature desire by visiting this stunning spot. Dudhsagar is a Hindi word meaning ‘sea of milk’ due to the fact that the water drops in massive quantities with rapidity out of the mountain, and appears to be milk.
The most tranquil and thrilling activity you can undertake in India. So , what will your next trekking destination be? Do you want to explore one of the highest waterfalls of India? Yes, friends! If you’re planning a trip to Dudhsagar falls in Goa and this guide will be extremely helpful to you. It’s an entire guide to plan your Dudhsagar trek.
The best time to go on Dudhsagar Falls Trekking:
It is believed that the Dudhsagar falls trekFalls are located inside the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park and Mollem National Park, both of which are situated within the lap of the gorgeous and exquisite Western Ghats.
The falls are most enjoyable during the rainy season in which the falls are at their most beautiful. But many people are not up for an icy trek during the rain. So, what is the most suitable time to visit is Monsoon. The ideal time to go on this trek is when the river is flowing fast, but the hike is not unsafe or slippery.
How can I reach Dudhsagar Waterfalls?
Since they are the best rides in these two states Goa as well as Karnataka and because both states are massive (they count among the top falls in India) There are a variety of ways to visit these waterfalls. Dudhsagar waterfalls.
- It is possible to reach the Dudhsagar waterfalls via either a bus or car.
- It is also possible to trek through Dudhsagar waterfalls. Dudhsagar waterfalls.
What should you bring What should you bring Dudhsagar Waterfall Trek?
It’s time to embark on this exciting and difficult adventure, but how do you proceed? What you must do is create an inventory of the things you want and need and ensure you’re adequately prepared for the trek.
- Because you don’t want not be able to capture a single moment of the hike, ensure you’re equipped with a camera that can capture the gorgeous landscape.
- Also ensure that your mobile and camera are fully charged.
- Alway take reusable water bottles. If you own plastic bottles, avoid throwing them in the way; instead, keep a bag with all of your garbage.
- Take prescribed medications, an emergency kit with first aid along with an umbrella and raincoat. Everything you need for an emergency.
- Make sure you have food, snacks, dry snacks and dried fruits food items on hand for when you are hungry during the journey.
- Wear your most comfy and ideal-sized sneakers. The soles must have adequate grip.
Where can I where to
There are some stunning eco-resorts in the area of Mollem and Kulem that are the perfect location to stay in should you wish to spend time exploring this area of Mollem National Park.
Listen Up! !
- There aren’t any food or cafés available in the vicinity of Dudhsagar Falls. Therefore, make sure you bring the food you would normally take. It is only possible to purchase local village food items at the home in Sonaulim.
- If you decide to visit the bottom of the waterfall, you should make sure you have some snacks in your bag since the moment you step foot into Dudhsagar gate, you’ll be greeted by hundreds of wild monkeys around you who will grab every colorful wrapper they spot.
- If you want to take a dip within the Dudhsagar River at the base of the gorgeous waterfall, only do it wearing a life jacket and with someone who is skilled or knowledgeable. It is not advised to swim during monsoon because the water moves at a high rate and is extremely risky.
- There are no lockers to store your luggage close to the waterfalls. You only need to manage your own baggage.
- To ensure your safety, you should hire an expert local guide. It is not recommended to pay any more than INR 500 (Indian Rupees Five Hundred).
- If you take a hike through the forest, you might encounter snakes in a few areas. They are typically small and harmless, unless you get close to them or eat them. However, having a guide or an expert is helpful because they are able to identify them and aren’t shy of one.