In this article, we will discuss whether it is necessary to have followers if your artist profile on Spotify is new. First, you need to get your music set up with a music distributor, and there are different ones like TuneCore, Distro Kid, and many more. All of the TuneCore have their pros and cons. It does not matter which one you use; they all get your music in more or less the same places. It is when you start your application for Spotify for an artist profile and when they recognize that you have submitted a song to them, so if you are using Distro Kid. You have uploaded your music, and you have submitted it to Spotify. If people are listening to your song on their playlist and library, this is the thing that tells you if people have liked the music. This percentage does increase over time and helps you to get more followers and engagement on your new artist profile on Spotify.
When a new audience visits your Spotify profile, they see your music and your followers on your profile. If other people are also interested in your music, and if other people seem interested, you have an excellent engagement and a good number of followers. The new audience will also give your playlist a shot to ensure they are not missing out on something good. So it is obvious that you need followers if your artist profile is new. To get a good amount of followers, you need to be an artist with a good playlist worth following.
Here are a few more tips you can follow to increase your Spotify followers on your new artist profile-
- Release your music more consistently because if you have regular new content, specifically music, there is a reason for the audience to follow you, and they can get those emails from Spotify about your music coming out.
- Always make sure to release pre-save and follow links before releasing your actual music; before the audience listens to the song, they have to follow you, or before your piece is removed, they can pre-save it to their Spotify library. It is a great way to increase the number of followers.
- Start your playlist and try to make it similar to the kind of music you are creating.
- Create GATE links. Using the GATE link, you can put your GATE link on your social media platform and link them to a middle round page where the audience has to follow you before they listen to your song.
- Run a giveaway contest. It is one of the best ways to get people to follow you. It could be anything like an amazon gift card, your merch, or anything your fans would be interested in.
So, it is clear that you need a good number of followers on your new artist profile because it is necessary and good for your growth. So here above, I mentioned some tips and tricks you can follow to increase the number of followers and get more engagement on Spotify.