Interested in finding out a quick fix to the QuickBooks error code 6143? Well, this issue is often experienced when there is a malfunction in the company file. You can also come across similar errors due to corrupted system files. Just in case your software installation is damaged, then coming across this issue is also probable. This particular error might flash on your screen when you try to perform usual activities on QuickBooks. Ending up in this error can be quite annoying, however, performing a bunch of steps can help in eliminating the issue permanently. To learn more about this error, make sure to read this segment carefully.
What factors trigger this error in QuickBooks?
The below set of reasons can cause this issue in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- One of the basic factors can be damaged windows system files
- Also, in case the windows system files have been deleted, or corrupted entries
- If there is any malware infection, then you can land into such an error
- If the application or the hardware is installed in the wrong way, then be ready for this issue
- Also, in case the file or information is missing for the operation, then you can come across this issue in QuickBooks
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 4120?
Steps to get rid of QuickBooks error 6143
Simply opening the company file locally can also help in fixing this issue in QuickBooks. This will test if there is any issue with the location of the file. If you are able to open the file, then it indicates the location of the file has a certain issue. Or else the file itself might be damaged. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the folder having the company file
- Furthermore, look for the file that has the extension of
- Once done with that, right-click the file
- And go for the copy tab
- Head to the desktop
- Followed by right-click the desktop
- Also, click on paste tab
- The next step is to open QuickBooks
- Now, head to the no company open window
- Choose open or restore an existing company
- Now, head to close all QuickBooks processes
The below set of steps can be performed to eliminate the issue from its root cause. Let us have a look:
Verify the hosting status of each of the computers
For Single-User Access-
- Make sure to exit from the Hosting mode:
- Also, note that exiting from Hosting mode disables multi-user
- You are required to select the File, then head to Utility and here look for the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- After the message stating Stop hosting multi-user access” appears on your computer screen, hit yes tab
- And when Company file must close message appears on your screen, hit yes tab once again
You may also visit: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1911?
We end this post right here, with the hope that the information listed above might be of some help in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 6143. However, if you aren’t able to, then getting in touch with our 24*7 QuickBooks tech support team at +1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support services for all sorts of QuickBooks-related issues.